Scope Change Database
We collect data on investments and divestments of firms across time by analyzing annual reports and additional sources, such as online databases and company websites. Our scope change database includes structured information on various German and international companies and can serve as an input for empirical studies. We have been able to publish several articles in high-ranking journals based on this database:
- Hutzschenreuter, T., Kleindienst, I., Lange, S. 2014. Added psychic distance stimuli and MNE performance. Journal of International Management, 20(1): 38–54.
- Hutzschenreuter, T., Horstkotte, J. 2013. Performance effects of top management team demographic faultlines in the process of product diversification. Strategic Management Journal, 34(6): 704–726.
- Hutzschenreuter, T., Voll, J. C., Verbeke, A. 2011. The impact of added cultural distance and cultural diversity on international expansion patterns: A Penrosean perspective. Journal of Management Studies, 48(2): 305–329.
- Hutzschenreuter, T., Gröne, F. 2009. Product and geographic scope changes of multinational enterprises in response to international competition. Journal of International Business Studies, 40(7): 1149–1170.
- Hutzschenreuter, T., Voll, J. 2008. Performance Effects of "Added Cultural Distance" in the Path of International Expansion: the Case of German Multinational Enterprises. Jounal of International Business Studies, 39(1): 53-70.